I don’t know what I find more disturbing about this… that parents need to be reminded to interact with their children, or that the order needs to come from “doctors”… or a million other little things –like, this is what the AAP sees as a priority right now, not the fact that every other kid born today has a serious chronic illness or developmental disorder… but Hey! Read a fucking book and it will all be better!!
In the spirit of letting other people tell you what to do, all the time… let me make some reading suggestions for you and baby!
3. The Declaration of Independence. Please. Try to remember why we are all here, OK? Whip up the feeling of freedom from oppressive federal governments. Give it a go!
4. Official Stories by Liam Scheff. This really needs to be baby’s first text book. Get those critical thinking genes properly stretched and ready to work out without threat of strain. Also, it helps to sharpen baby’s bull shit radar. Very reasonably priced on Amazon.
5. Evidence of Harm by David Kirby. Mercury. Neurotoxin. For real! Don’t read it before bed, though. Baby will have nightmares.
6. This one kind of goes hand in hand with #5. Mercury. It IS a neurotoxin. We inject it into babies! Age of Autism. By Dan Olmsted and Mark Blaxill
7. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It’s just a great fucking book. I’ve bought many copies and given them away as gifts. I read it a couple times a year. Find your own meaning in it, but I will tell you, the meaning of life IS in this book. Teach baby this lesson early on!
8. How to Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor. by Dr. Mendelsohn. Seriously. REQUIRED READING. This book convinced me to STOP going to “well baby” check ups at the Vaccine Salesman’s office.
9. & 10. Books by the Thinking Moms. Autism Beyond the Spectrum and From Hope to Healing. I say again and again and again… Are you going to listen to the doctors who say it can’t be done, or start listening to the parents who are already doing it? Baby needs to learn that doctors are full of shit.
And how about a bonus? A nice bedtime tale Go The Fuck to Sleep!